We Carry, Dispense and aid in the insurance process for HIGH Priced specialty and Biologic Drugs. Our pharmacists are able to provide the proper training on the use and safety of these products.
Asthma & COPD
Asthma is a chronic lung condition that makes breathing difficult. Airways tighten, swell and fill with mucus in responce to certain substances or circumstances that “trigger” the asthma symptoms.
Breathe a Little Easier…
People with asthma can breathe a little easier knowing that there are actions they can take to manage their health with a goal to leading a normal lifestyle.
You can ask yourself the following questions to determine if your asthma is adequately controlled:
- Do you cough, sheeze or have a tight chest because of your asthma?
- Does coughing, wheesing or chest tightness wake you up at night?
- Do you stop exercising because of your asthma symptoms?
- Do you ever miss work or school because of your asthma?
- Do you use your blue or “rescue” inhaler more than three times a week?
If you answered “yes” to one or more of these questions, your asthma may be considered poorly controlled. Be sure to discuss your results with your doctor ans seek medical attention if your asthma symptoms worsen or do nto respond to treatment.
Medications for Treatment of Asthma
The most common treatments for asthma are generally called “quick relievers” (short-acting medications) or “controller” medications (not for immediate relief).
Quick relivers – short-acting bronchodilators:
- Relieve symptoms in minutes by relaxing the airway muscles
- Used as a “rescue” medication during asthma attacks. The doctor may also recommend you use this medication before exercise or exposure to cold temperatures
- Quick relivers include salbutamol, terbutaline and fenoterol.
Controllers – not for immediate relief:
- Prevent and reduce inflammation, swelling and build-up of mucus
- Must be used on a regular basis to be effective
- Controller medications include fluticasone, budesonide, and beclomethasone
Please contact us for more details.
More than 9 million Canadians are living with diabetes or prediabetes.
Diabetes Glucose Test Advice…And Much Much More..
We offer a great selection products for diabetes care, useful information on type 1 and type 2 diabetes, and one-on-one counselling.
We coach you on your lifestyle goals. Our Pharmacists make sure you have the information to make the right choices. The health professional who keeps a watchful eye on your medication and numbers.
For diabetes patients managing your blood sugar levels can be a challenge. At our pharmacy we carry a full range of diabetic supplies including:
- blood sugar monitors
- test strips
- insulin administration pens and pen needles
We also stock a complete range of:
- insulin pump supplies
- dextrose tablets
Our professional pharmacists can help with advice on blood sugar optimization, provide medication reviews and work with you in the prevention of diabetes related complications.
It’s never too late to get your heart in tip-top shape.
Through diet, exercise, and lifestyle changes, you can give your heart a fighting chance against cardiovascular disease
Our Heart Health counselling covers learning signs of stroke, controlling blood pressure, understanding cholesterol and achieving a healthy weight.
Your best defense is controlling the risk factors, such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, cigarette smoke, stress, excessive alcohol consumption, inactivity, managing diabetes, and being at a weight that is unhealthy for you. Visit your doctor regularly and follow his or her advice. For more information ask your Pharmacist or contact the Heart & Stroke Foundation.
Helping you quit smoking for life..
It’s never too late to quit.
Health benefits (courtesy of Health Canada)
If you stop smoking, within:
- 20 minutes – your blood pressure and pulse rate return to normal
- 2 days – your sense of smell and taste begin to return
- 1 year – your risk of smoking-related heart disease or stroke is cut by one-half
- 5 years – your risk of heart disease is the same as someone who never smoked
- 10 years – your risk of dying from lung cancer is cut in half
Ask us about our programs:
- Smoking Cessation Program
- Referral to other helpful resources
- Personalized Action Plan